Friday, July 15, 2011

Thyroid problems and diabetes?

I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis (autoimmune disease) and I was put on 75 MCG Levothyroxine on June 24, 2010 because my TSH was 26. The first dosage was perfect apparently because my levels have come back TSH 2.885 and my T4 is 8.7. I have appointments with my endocrinologist every 8 months. I was scheduled to see my endo March 2011. We came with concerns about me feeling nauseated and having frequent headaches and getting sick, feeling like I was going to pass out. She switched me to Synthroid in hopes that my headaches/sickness would go away. I am still experiencing the same symptoms, but worse. Last night I had a lot of sugar, I ate a bunch of chocolate and chocolate ice cream. (I have always loved sugar). I was on my bed and I got very cold all of a sudden, which is weird because usually my room is burning up (No AC), I had to turn off my fan because I got so cold. I could barely move my hands, but I had my cell phone near so I called my mom. I was talking to my mom on the phone and she brought up the possibility of diabetes, since it runs on her side of the family. I looked up the symptoms and a lot of things started making sense. I have always had frequent urination, random fatigue, and excessive thirst like I can't get enough to drink, ever. I was just wanting to know if I should call my endocrinologist about this? My next appointment is in November and I don't want to wait that long to see if I have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment